If you are looking for more wildlife experience and helping save thousands of injured, orphaned, or sick wildlife, we need you!
There are five volunteer options:
- Wildlife healthcare externs: We are accepting applications for 12 volunteer wildlife healthcare extern positions. A minimum of 12 weeks, 40- hours per week is required. Preference will be given to those who can commit to more than 12 weeks and for those who have been vaccinated against rabies.
- Consider becoming a foster care-giver for orphaned animals. This requires a commitment of 6-12 weeks but can be done from your home (based on an approved inspection by our healthcare team). Training will be provided. Feeding baby animals 3, 4 or 5 times a day will help give these animals a chance to survive and be released into the wild. You will need to show proof of rabies vaccination (e.g. rabies titre) if fostering baby skunks or raccoons.
- Volunteer drivers needed to help transport sick and injured wildlife to our wildlife hospital. Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver.
- Social media and fundraising volunteer positions. Timing is more flexible for these important positions. Volunteering alongside the fundraising coordinator, this position will involve finding creative ways to raise funds for the centre. This can include applying to various grants, sponsorship programs, and planning events. We also want to keep our social media platforms up to date for our followers. We have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website. Creativity is a must! Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering in our fundraising department.
- We are in need of a lawyer and bookkeeper willing to volunteer these professional services! Time commitment will vary but if you are willing/able to offer availability a few hours a week please contact us.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer options (either in Nova Scotia or Ontario), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org